Columbus Community Hospital (CCH) has been in their new facility since August 2002. The hospital at 4600 - 38 Street in Columbus is a 47-bed acute care facility with 4 skilled nursing beds and 14 same-day services beds. CCH also provides health care at a clinic in Humphrey.
CCH collaborates with a medical community of over 40 physicians or surgeons, a public health department and employs more than 550 people while utilizing some 300 volunteers. All major specialties are represented including 24-hour emergency service.
More than 40 physicians, surgeons and dentists practice in our community. Areas of practice include:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
- Physical Therapy
Columbus has two excellent nursing homes providing intermediate and skilled care, for a total of 210 beds.
- GoldenLiving Center ~ 3918 27th Street, is a 162 bed health and rehabilitation center. A special 20-bed care unit is specifically designed to meet the needs of residents with Alzheimer's or any type of dementia. 402-564-8014.
- Mory's Haven ~ 1112 15th Street, is a 48-bed facility offering 24-hour skilled nursing care, certified by Medicare. Resident care is directed by the residents' personal physicians. The facility provides a pleasant living environment through specialized activity and social service programs. 402-564-3197.
Columbus has a number of housing facilities for the elderly:
- Columbian Village ~ 3717 27th Street, is a 62-unit housing complex. There are 11 one-bedroom units, 43 two-bedroom units, and 8 three-bedroom units. 402-564-4512.
- Columbus Place Apartments ~ 1305 8th Street, has 60 one-bedroom apartments. 402-563-3131.
- Cottonwood House ~ 3271 29th Avenue, has 39 private apartments. 402-562-9136.
- Edgewood Vista ~ 3386 53rd Avenue, offering independent living, assisted living, memory care, short term stays, adult day services & respite care 402-564-3785li>
- Heritage House ~ 2554 40th Avenue, is a 23-building retirement village consisting of 74 one-bedroom units, 6 handicap adaptable units, and 4 two-bedroom units, each with individual private entrances. 402-564-1131.
- Meridian Gardens ~ 4515 38th St., 402-564-6300
- Prairie Village Retirement Center ~ 3000 39th Avenue, has 36 personal care and 24 independent living units. 402-563-4213.
- Realife of Columbus ~ 3600 30th Street, is a 32-unit housing alternative for adults 62 and older. 402-563-1122.
- Westport Congregate Housing for the Elderly ~ 3914 25th Street, is a three-story building, offering 20 apartments for persons 62 years of age and older and 6 apartments for handicapped adults. 402-564-1381.
- Crown Villa ~ 4005 38th St., 402-564-7311